Jan 5, 2011

Isobel

If you were to ask my daughter to describe my decorating style, she'd say "Mom likes Ugly."  By that she (hopefully) means I like odd, eclectic, rustic...in my house no room follows a pattern from the room before.  But she hasn't seen my house in...maybe six years?  She doesn't know I actually love pink, or cabbage roses, or lace, because the last she saw, my house was full of squatty carved totem guys, rustic clay pots, and woolly handwoven everything.

So she may be surprised when she sees this latest doll...(click to enlarge).  She (the doll, not the daughter) is paperclay head/face/hands, cloth & fiberfill body, and a little inverted bowl for a base. 

I tried my hand at a "pretty" doll, which is out of character for me.  Not sure I'll make any more, but I think I like this one.  Critiques are appreciated--and bear in mind I have a tough skin.  Any constructive criticism helps with Ye Ole Learning Curve.





8 comments:

  1. What, ugly? But truly our kids are the only ones who can critique and we don't get offended...well maybe not! This doll reminded me of Mary Poppin's, when I saw the first photo. And you create pretty as well as "Ugly" I don't think they are ugly, just full of Character!

    xoxo Lisa

    ReplyDelete
  2. She is fabulous! I love all your dolls, but would love to see some more "pretty" ones!

    ReplyDelete
  3. I for one think you should try to make some more too! She is beautiful and has such a sweet face.
    Thank you for your thoughts and prayers for my friend and it is never too late!!
    Blessings all over you and have a wonderful New Year.

    ReplyDelete
  4. Thanks guys! I think the reason I hesitate to do the pretty dolls is they feel cartoony to me. But I love the lace and fancy hair-do's. :~P

    ReplyDelete
  5. I think she's stunning! The beauty mark is a nice touch.

    ReplyDelete
  6. Ahhhhhh she is soooo pretty! I love her just the way she is. I love all your dolls!

    ReplyDelete
  7. The only problem I see with her is that she is not at my house!! She is wonderful, I especially love her hairstyle and the fabric choices!

    ReplyDelete

Thank you very much for stopping by.