Jan 21, 2019

Not-so-lazy Monday.

Supposed to be a day off--at least the hubs has off.  I'm making Izannah dolls--cutting out fabric, planning, sketching, etc.   But when you work in your pajamas, is it really work?

Lately I've been thinking about NOT taking things for granted--health, running water & electricity, a roof & good walls.  When I'm tempted to fuss or whine, it's helped me to be thankful instead.  I have a washer & dryer that work, so who minds laundry?  If my eyes don't see as well as they used to, I DO have good glasses that help.  Sometimes it pays to just sit and appreciate feeling good.   

We've had a fine three day weekend, with enjoyable time at the dog park, the luxury of reading for hours, and plenty of food in the fridge--even if it won't arrange itself into a meal. 

So on that note, I'll go and start supper. 

I hope your weekend was lovely, with lots to be grateful for. 

3 comments:

  1. Thanks for the nudge to not take so many things for granted. I hope you will have a happy and healthy 2019. I love the sweet girl above. Good luck with all the rest!

    ReplyDelete
  2. The new doll is a beauty. I love her dress. I see you have been busy and have alot of dolls to make. If they are as fine as the one you made me, their owners will be overjoyed. My doll you made me is such a perfect little doll. I commented on facebook about how wonderful her hands and feet are, but her face is so precious too. I haven't made her dress, but I haven't made any body any clothes, except the few I made to sell. I will make them all a good dress though. We really should be thankful for all the conveniences we have, it would be hard to get used to having to live with out modern things. I have thought in the past we ought to incorporate a few primitive things like the deep well ( putting in a hand pump and learning to grow food. I hope it doesn't come to that, but it does make you thankful for all we have. Glad you are busy making new dolls. I love to see them.

    ReplyDelete
  3. Lovely doll, the red dress is perfect along with her kitten friend.

    ReplyDelete

Thank you very much for stopping by.