Jan 31, 2019

It's a Mystery...


Working on this most recent Izannah doll, I used the regular Krylon matte varnish, as I have for ages. 

But I'm not sure what happened!  No unusual material/paint/coating under the varnish, so maybe it was a factor of temperature or humidity?  At any rate, there is a very slight crackle effect on the lower part of this doll's face.  As it seems not to affect the adhesion of the paint or varnish, and it is subtle enough to actually enhance the doll, I left it as it was.  (Also, I didn't want to totally repaint, since I was happy with her at that point!) 

Maybe I'll figure it out, but I doubt it. 

Guess we'll see--I've got a set of boy & girl twins to make now! 







3 comments:

  1. Glad the varnish did not hurt your pretty doll. Love her face and her dress. Twins would be fun to do and I know they will so sweet.

    ReplyDelete
  2. She's lovely. It was difficult to see any crackles but I'm sure it enhanced her appeal. That would be my guess temperature/humidity. Regardless she's beautiful.

    ReplyDelete
  3. What a beautiful doll, and so Izzy-like! Twins will be fun to do. I found, when making the Christmas dolls, that working on two at the same time was a good thing. I am now working on three, just like we did when we started out with Dixie.

    ReplyDelete

Thank you very much for stopping by.