Nov 24, 2015

Angels

Sometimes when I am thrift shopping, I come across odd wooden shapes that catch my imagination.  There's a nearby shop with a nice craft section--constantly updated with new stuff because we live in a geriatric demographic, and there are, to be frank, a lot of estate sales from crafty old ladies.

Consequently, I have way too much craft wood, and need to just go make all the things I imagined!  In this one instance, the little wooden cone suggested a skirt--no real challenge there--but I felt compelled to make an angel doll for the upcoming PFATT Marketplace in early December.  Too late for holiday things when they sell Christmas stuff before Halloween, but here she is, never the less.

She looks a little like my granddaughter, Jennifer.  Her wings are cardboard, w/ paste and clay.  Her hair is wool yarn.  Along with old sheet music, an illustration of Mary and Jesus, and some old lace, she turned out all right.  I still have to attach her sparkly halo, but didn't do that before I took pictures.
I hope all of you have a wonderful Thanksgiving, and much to be grateful for.



5 comments:

  1. Oh so Beautiful. You captured such a sweetness in her face, she makes a wonderful Angel. Have a Happy Thanksgiving.

    ReplyDelete
  2. She is a beautiful angel. I love angels and her wings are wonderfully done. So big and spread out and curved. You are tempting me to stop and make a angel.

    ReplyDelete
  3. What a delightful creature! What a beautiful granddaughter you must have! She's such a pleasant thing to look at, and she sits so well...no falling this way and that! I love her!

    ReplyDelete
  4. Like the head attached to the shoulder (plate). atk

    ReplyDelete
  5. So pretty, I love her little face. Happy Thanksgiving to you and all your family!

    ReplyDelete

Thank you very much for stopping by.