Dec 2, 2015

I won a Daryl Doll!

I seldom win anything.  My daughter (who wins things all the time) would tell you it's because I seldom enter any kind of contest.  This is true, likely.  I don't often enter to win anything.

But Daryl, of Woodstown Whimsies, had a drawing for three little characters he's recently made.  So of COURSE I entered.  And I won my favorite!  The middle fellow is Fallen Angel, and he'll be headed to Arizona to hang with us at House Conwell up here in the high desert. 

I will call him Mr. F.A. Clark.  I had an uncle by that name, a bit of a fallen angel himself.

This was so much fun, that I am inspired to make a special doll for a giveaway next spring--say late February.  Never did one of those...so I might have to investigate how it's done.  Probably much easier than I think.  Soon I'll have a photo of F.A. with several other artist dolls I am privileged to own.  The cat and or dog may feel compelled to join the fun.  F.A. probably won't mind.

3 comments:

  1. He is a cutie. You are lucky to win him. I don't win much either, but it is nice to get a piece of another persons work. I had to pay for my abstract paintings I just bought and of course they don't have any names on them that I would ever know, but I do appreciate the time and talent of the person who made them. A give a way sounds like fun and it does give people a better chance to visit you and see what you are doing.

    ReplyDelete
  2. Good to hear you won...even if it was the fallen angel!

    ReplyDelete

Thank you very much for stopping by.