Aug 18, 2012

Boudoir Dolls: Four dressed and two more to go.

One's dress is finished, but she seems unhappy with it, so there will be alterations.  I'll show you which one, and you'll see by her expression she's very serious when she doesn't get what she wants.  The others range from dreamy to vampish to bawdy to bohemian, but they're almost finished.  I'll sew a brown slacks suit tomorrow for the bawdy flapper with a brown bowler (I'm on an alliterative kick, can you tell?) and fix Betty D.'s gown, but otherwise, I'm done.  Then on to the Izzy dresses.  Nothing like waiting til the last minute, eh?

I haven't named them, and photographs range from poor to worse, but I promise to do better.

She wears natural linen & black lace lounging pj's...

and has a mask for Halloween (she may already be spoken for...)

Bohemian Smoker...I think her name is Ilsa.

In person she reminds me of a certain pop singer but I can't think who...

Lilac chiffon, and dreamy blue eyes.

I think I was channeling "The English Patient" when I made her.

I don't know what to think of this one.  She just showed up.

She pretended to be innocent until it was time for her wardrobe.

The Queen is Not Amused. I think of her as Betty D., but her eyes aren't buggy enough.

This one has a great sense of humor, and wants a pants suit with a short bolero jacket. I think she's my favorite, but don't tell the others.

11 comments:

  1. Great dolls, I favor the little sophisticate in black, she reminds of Audrey Hepburn.

    ReplyDelete
  2. I adore all of them. Their faces and outfits are beautiful. Well done.

    ReplyDelete
  3. I like them all too, but I think I like the bohemian smoker best. Love the dress and hat. She's smoking that cigerette for sure. She reminds me of the british singer who sang ( to sir with Love ) or the one who sang ( girls just want to have fun ). they may be the same person. Cindy lauper, anyway great job. You will have a good show.

    ReplyDelete
  4. Love them all! Each one has so much personality and charm. You've done a wonderful job.

    ReplyDelete
  5. They are all incredible! I love the Bohemian Smoker. That gal has attitude! :) Your dolls are always amazing! xox

    ReplyDelete
  6. Wow...they are amazing. I like them all but my favorite is the brunette with the page boy haircut. Really 1920's looking:)

    ReplyDelete
  7. Each one is fabulous! They all have such personality.

    ReplyDelete
  8. Hi Jan,
    I think they are all wonderful too. I am looking forward to seeing more pictures.
    Julie

    ReplyDelete
  9. They are all amazing. I am with Mary Ann on this one. It is the brunette with the page boy that takes my eye. You and the gals are going to have one fantastic show!

    ReplyDelete
  10. These are fantastic!!! I can't wait to see them in person next Saturday. I hope they come to the doll show!

    ReplyDelete
  11. wow, you are busy. Had a lot of catching up to do, reading your previous posts. I really like the Cinderella. lots!

    the black innocent doll caught my eye too!
    going to the show? Jan, you've come a long way. Bravo!
    xoxoxox

    ReplyDelete

Thank you very much for stopping by.