Jul 5, 2011

Izzy babies!

I finally got the stockinette over the clay, got them painted, got their arms and legs on and the "second skin" sewed over it all.  Never realized how labor intensive they were!  Now for clothes.  I spent yesterday watching old movies and hand-sewing a shirt for the boy out of a linen handkerchief.  I probably should move on to machine sewing, and will soon, but I love hand sewing.  It's more like sculpting with fabric...

Izzy Babies!

Enid (left)

Odessa (middle)
Vernon (right)

Waiting for their clothes!

5 comments:

  1. They look fantastic! You did a wonderful job! I'm so looking forward to seeing them fully clothed.
    Lotus

    ReplyDelete
  2. They are amazing! Wonderful work - xox Pam

    ReplyDelete
  3. I can't wait to see them all done up.

    You do such wonderful work, Jan.

    ReplyDelete
  4. Jan, These Izannahs are absolutely wonderful. I love your style!

    ReplyDelete
  5. These are so very, very charming. I look forward to see them fully clothed! :) And yes, I love hand sewing too.

    ReplyDelete

Thank you very much for stopping by.