Dec 12, 2010

I got my doll!

This is the first time I've participated in Zan Asha's Doll Swap... and it was fun.

I've posted pictures of Sonny the Studio Elf, the doll I made for my swap-partner, Kim.  Making him was mostly why this was so fun.  Making a doll specifically for someone is a blast, because the energy is directed and channeled somehow.

 

So Sonny went off to his new home with Kim, and this is the doll she made for me:






Hasn't he got great colors?  I named him Jim-Bob, because he looks like the sleepy-faced brother on the Waltons.  He now has a home on the Elf Shelf, and will remind me every year of this Doll Swap adventure.

2 comments:

  1. Both of the dolls are so cute...I did a swap this year too and it was really fun!

    P.S. Thanks for stopping by my blog and good luck with your house, fellow Virgo :)

    ReplyDelete
  2. Thank you! I have to say Jim Bob is growing on me. :~D He's quiet, but has "presence". (Or is that presents?)

    ReplyDelete

Thank you very much for stopping by.