Dec 27, 2010

Hold Me Closer Tiny Dancer...

I keep hearing that Elton John song, for some reason.  :~)

This Leah.  She came about because a friend of mine from Florida saw the last doll and challenged me to make a "ragged heart girl".  I told her I just might make several, but here is the first one.  I spent the weekend making her, and finished this morning.  Not all of my job is fun...some of the housework and administrivia is tedious.  But THIS part of my job?  Wouldn't trade it for all the 401Ks on Wall Street.

(Click = zoom.)




7 comments:

  1. Yep you should definitely make more! I think she's adorable, just look at her expression! I wouldn't trade this part of the job either! You do wonderful work!
    Wishing you nothing but the best for a New Year, too!

    Lisa

    ReplyDelete
  2. Thanks Lisa. I love her expression too, but I have a feeling it's not something I'll do often...there are already so many "sad" dolls in the world. Maybe the next one will look...um, determined? A Scarlett O'Hara saying "With God as my witness, I will never get my heart broken again! :~P

    ReplyDelete
  3. Jan, she's precious! I love the way you did her legs and ballet slippers. Hope you and yours have a fabulous New Year! Hugs, Lisa

    ReplyDelete
  4. Thank you Rosemari.

    Lisa, I'm glad you like her legs...when the hubs looked at her, he said "Her legs are all weird." teehee.

    ReplyDelete
  5. Jan, Scarlett would be perfect! Because, I always quote, I'll worry about it tomorrow. Sad or no, I think she's cute.

    ReplyDelete
  6. CUTECUTECUTE!!! I should come over more often to peek at your whimsical art!!!
    Blessings,Flora

    ReplyDelete

Thank you very much for stopping by.