Dec 19, 2016

Time for a break.

Well, Noel Night came and went.  I had fun, and sold some dolls...it wasn't like a doll show in any way, and I wasn't really prepared for that, but it was fun all the same.  I got to dress up silly, and quite a few folks asked to take my picture. (Edited to note: that fan I'm holding is not a prop.  Menopause, lots of layers, and a crowded antique mall make for one hot momma.)

The display was nice, but I think I prefer a doll show, so dolls are down where people can touch them.

This is Patti, the proprietor of the store, and the store's namesake, Emma.



But now that all the hoopla is over, I've got three commissions to get going.  I will wait til after Christmas, because...I've got to clean my studio!  I needed to clean it after the doll show in October, but then I got slammed with commissions (yes, it's a good problem to have) and never was able to just stop and spend a few days reorganizing.  It'll take a week now...it really is that bad.  I'd post a photo, but I don't want the Horder Police to come and haul me off.

So, I'll peck away at it this week, listen to lots of Christmas music, and hope you all are having a wonderful season full of family, love, and blessings.

7 comments:

  1. Oh I love this! I think this may be one of my favorite posts. I can see why folks asked to take your photo! You look like the doll sitting at the top of your display. It's a nice treat to see the doll maker posing with her dolls. Thanks for sharing and have fun cleaning that studio.

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Thank you, Bethann. I think it would be fun to do a tag-team of posts along our blog-lines of "meet the artist" and post photos of ourselves (maybe with eyes showing, sans the big hat) so we can all see our online friends and have their images in our minds when we read their words.

      Delete
  2. Talk about stylin...you've got it! You (and the dolls) really look beautiful all dressed up. I find cleaning and organizing quite relaxing. It's a great time to think about things. Enjoy and have a Merry Christmas!

    ReplyDelete
  3. Girl, you look absolutely adorable!! I wish you a wonderful Christmas and only the best in the coming year.

    ReplyDelete
  4. Oh Whoa Jan you are soooo beautiful! Your Noel Night looks like it was a lot of fun, Your dolls are just stunning! Congrats on the selling and 3 commissions ,You Go Girl !!! Wishing you and your family a very Merry Christmas and 2017 Be a wonderful Year for you and your family !! (((Sherrie)))

    ReplyDelete
  5. Jan... have yourself (not by yourself... but along with hubby) a Merry little Christmas!

    ReplyDelete
  6. I hope you and yours had a very MERRY CHRISTMAS and are looking forward to a very HAPPY NEW YEAR. May we display your header on our new site directory? As it is now, the site title (linked back to its home page) is listed, and we think displaying the header will attract more attention. In any event, we hope you will come by and see what is going on at SiteHoundSniffs.com.

    ReplyDelete

Thank you very much for stopping by.