Dec 3, 2016

Noel Night

There's a lady in Chandler AZ (about 2 hours from me, south east of Phoenix) who has an antique store within an antique mall.  She actually has five booths, all put together to make one shop, so to stay she has a store is not overstating matters.  Carries the most fascinating mix of antiques, Victorian themed art and clothing, architectural scavenges, and folk art.  I could stand there all day and not see all of it, so much detail.

Well, she found me at a doll show and asked if we could talk...the result of which talk was that she'll now be carrying my dolls in her store.  (I think I already posted this news, but didn't go back to see.)  Each year, the antique mall has an event called Noel Night, during which all the merchants have a sale and stay open late.  There's a restaurant which has great food, and music, etc., and it's apparently a pretty busy night.  Patti asked if I would make a particular doll for Noel Night, and of course I did.  Her name is Victoria Noel, and she's 28" tall.  Cloth and clay, as usual, and wool hair.

I've got three more dolls in the works for this event, and hope to have them all finished in time!  I'll post them when they're done.  But in the meantime, here is Victoria (Patti wanted an "attic fairy").




3 comments:

  1. This doll is beautiful. fair with fair hair. I believe you made exactly what the lady wanted. the blue eyes and pale pink dress are very soft and angelic looking. It sounds like the lady has a lot of space and probably lots of traffic, so you will have to make lots of dolls for her. I know you will do well as all your dolls are wonderful.

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. I hope she does keep me busy making dolls--for some reason, the doll show circuit in Phoenix is slowing down, so it may only be two shows a year in the future!

      Delete
  2. A big girl! Lots of work! She's a real beauty! I have no doubt that your dolls will do well in the shop.

    ReplyDelete

Thank you very much for stopping by.