Dec 6, 2016

It's beginning to look a lot ... well, you know.

I finally got a tree up this weekend...started the day after Thanksgiving, but put off the tree until I had some ornaments made.  I'm sort of shifting to a little less shiny-bauble and a little more natural materials.  Just something I've felt like doing the last couple of years.  Of course, I saved the ones the kids have made for me over the years, but now it's pine cones, cinnamon dough, and silly wooden toys stolen from the doll-making shop.  I even took apart a few strings of red beads, added tan beads that I'd found thrift shopping, and made a new garland.  That took an evening, but it was fun.









Juniper's first Christmas.  She's three now...and still loves the lights.

Here's hoping you enjoy a Christmas season of family and fun.  We don't have much of our family close, but I keep up with the ones who are far away and am loving their posts and stories of snow-play and the wonder of their children. 

Peace, y'all. 


5 comments:

  1. I love the natural look you've created with this tree Jan. Nice mix with the tan and red beads & you can never go wrong with cinnamon ornaments!! Both our kids will be here in early January, our son will be here during Xmas, but our daughter has shows til Jan 2nd. It will be so nice to have us all together for a while, doesn't happen very often. I wish you a lovely holiday with hubby and doggy!

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. I'm so glad your kids will be with you this year! There's no way to measure that joy, is there?

      Delete
  2. aww Jan your Christmas Tree looks just soo beautiful, I adore all the ornaments you have made, It really makes your Christmas Tree extra special !I want to wish you from my Heart to your Heart a Very Merry Christmas to you and all your wonderful family and may 2017 Be a Year Full Of Love,Joy, Health, and Creativeness !
    Warm Hugs, Sherrie

    ReplyDelete
  3. Your tree is pretty with the ornaments you made. Over the years I have begun to focus on more natural Christmas decorations. Mostly green small trees like the rose mary. My husband still wants to put up lights everywhere, but I don't seem to have the energy or the desire for that. I think it is your natural creative side that speaks to you on making things yourself too. It seems now, that if I want something, I first decide if I can make it myself, because it would be more like I want, not everything, but a lot of things. Merry Christmas to your family and I have enjoyed your post this year.

    ReplyDelete
  4. Your tree and decorations are beautiful Jan. Especially those dough made ornaments. Merry Christmas to you and your family.

    ReplyDelete

Thank you very much for stopping by.