Feb 4, 2012

Rabbits...

Gearing up for the doll show next weekend.  When I did a "test run" of my set up for the doll show, I realized just how many dolls I've sold since last October!  The tables looked sort of bare.  Rabbits to the rescue!!!

Last fall I'd started these wood and clay rabbits (and an equal number of cats, but they're for this summer).  They were sculpted, so I sanded, painted, and assembled.  I like how each turned out to be so different from the next.




  
I also finished a wood and clay doll that somehow didn't make to the show last fall--I didn't get her finished in time.  So I gave her a skirt, and was still unsatisfied with her.  But an article in this month's Antique Doll Collector about Apache Smokers gave me an idea: a cigarette. NOW she's finished.  :~)







And last but not least, I finished a couple of teeny dolls--one from Dixie Redmond's six inch Izzy pattern, and the reeeelly tiny one has got a paperclay head on a cloth body & legs, and paperclay arms.




I think I've got enough to fill my tables now...which means I have no excuse to avoid housework.  Hmph.

8 comments:

  1. Cute Cute dolls. All of them are so good. love the rabbits and the dolls too. The tiny IW is very nice. I don't see how you have time to make so many, and so many, different things. Amazing work.

    ReplyDelete
  2. Jan, those rabbits are a whoot! I love the folksy look of them a lot. Your tuny IW doll is just adorable.

    ReplyDelete
  3. so sorry for the typing errors, I just woke up from a nap!

    ReplyDelete
  4. Good luck at the show, love the rabbits!

    ReplyDelete
  5. Love your energy...and the rabbits! Hope you have a great time at the show!

    ReplyDelete
  6. Love love those rabbits...they are awesome:)

    ReplyDelete
  7. The rabbits all lined up are perfect! Have a great show!

    ReplyDelete

Thank you very much for stopping by.