Feb 3, 2011

Meet Marcelle.

I finished her, actually the sealer went on this morning.  Our Mini-Monthly Challenge on the ADO (art dolls only) team was a Masque theme...and as I happened to already have her 5/8th of the way finished, and knew I wanted a sort of twenties, flapper-girl follies kind of face, she decided she'd cooperate and dress for the challenge.  Nice of her, wasn't it?  I get the feeling she's not always so cooperative.

She started with a child's building block, an old wooden spoon, and a couple of clothespins.  The bottom stick of the spoon became her arms.  Paperclay did the rest.  I love paperclay.  Have I mentioned I love paperclay?




I think the mask suits her.

10 comments:

  1. I loved this doll! Her body shape gives her such good character:)

    ReplyDelete
  2. Thank you Dawn...I like her body language a lot.

    The hubs doesn't get my "weird" dolls like this one, and Morrigan. ;~)

    ReplyDelete
  3. She is great! Love the body! Her face is lovely too. Hey, I love "weird". :) Weird is good when it comes to art dolls.

    ReplyDelete
  4. She's really fabulous, Jan! I love her attitude, with the hip swung out. ;) I think she looks like a member of Cirque de Soleil. xo Pam

    ReplyDelete
  5. That's awesome Jan! Great repurposing and what a PERFECT stance she has...lots of attitude ;)

    ReplyDelete
  6. She is too cool for school! Great work.

    ReplyDelete
  7. i love her quirky attitude.

    ReplyDelete
  8. Very spunky!!! Amazing how much a shape can "say"!

    Love it!

    ReplyDelete

Thank you very much for stopping by.