Sep 1, 2023

First day on the road. This IS really happening.

 Let me begin with an apology to Riggs, our 37 ft, 2016 Fleetwood Bounder.  Riggs, I had assumed, based on one ride, unloaded, and on really bad roads, that traveling in You would be miserable.  I was steeling myself, preparing to endure a horrible, noisy, teeth-jarring ride. 

But.  Apparently having all our stuff loaded, along with two adults, a large dog, two cats, and a 1/3 tank of fresh water on board makes a big difference in the noise level.  I am sorry I doubted you, Riggs.

We're on the first leg of our trip to Livingston, TX, to establish all the legal domicile administrivia.  Lakeside AZ to Socorro NM, and it took much longer than RV Trip Wizard said it would.  Lesson learned.  I'm glad I sort of "coasted" our itinerary, making sure we had some easier days until we learned the routine.  He's tired, and I do NOT blame him.  Concentration, learning, and getting to know a new vehicle...one that's loaded with everything you own.  No pressure. 

We got to our first stop: Casey's Socorro RV Park.  It is clear to us now that these folks have a different definition of "big-rig friendly" and "pull-through sites".  Oh well.  It feels good to start out.  And so what if there is no staff here?  There is at least Wi-fi, so I can write about our first day.  We didn't have to unhook Jeep, so there's that.  It was 96 degrees when we pulled in, so we also decided from now on, the last thirty minutes of travel will see us turning on the generator and ACs so we land in relative comfort.  Poor Gypsy was a hot dog.

Tomorrow is Las Cruces, for two nights.  (Told you I was coasting the itinerary.)  It's only 146 miles, due south on I-25.  More on that later. 

Here's to travel, y'all.  There is sooooo much to see out there.
Cheers!




No comments:

Post a Comment

Thank you very much for stopping by.