Feb 15, 2018

The arts! They are too many!!!

Punch needle, rug hooking, embroidery, household sewing, folk art--sculpting and painting and general making--as well as dolls.  Was that enough?  Oh no. 

I got a big curly hair to make great big quilted wall hangings.  I've wanted to for a long time, but I finally got out the paper and started designing.  I've made the blocks for each, sewed them together, and crazy-quilt stitched the block joins.  I'm now cutting out the wool design pieces and am appliqueing them on.  It's a verrrry slow process. 

In the end, I will create patterns to sell in my Etsy shop, and have the wall hangings for my home.  Wait, is that the end?  Oh no.

A friend in a local sewing group invited me to a crazy-quilting class.  I've always wanted to make a crazy quilt--there's something so wonderfully unrestricted about this form of quilting.  So I went, and boy did that bug bite me hard!  So add THAT art form to the too-many-bees-in-my-bonnet. 

Here are some photos of the wall hanging project.  My husband is so very patient with my messes.  The design stage required a bit more space than my studio allowed, so I set up a 6 foot table in our bedroom--which stayed there for three weeks!  (I have started a part time job, which causes the most inconvenient interruptions.)


 



Hope your February is going as you would have it go.  It's been wet here--which is good, because we've had a scary-dry winter.  Cheers!

3 comments:

  1. You have really been busy. the wall hangings will be so pretty. Love the snowman and the sheep. Look forward to seeing the finished pieces.

    ReplyDelete
  2. You are so right... "The Arts! They are too many." I really like what I see here...great designs and colors. I sure wish I could just wriggle my nose and find myself right there beside you in your crazy-quilting class. Like Martha, I am looking forward to seeing more.

    ReplyDelete
  3. It looks like you have accomplished a lot! And I know you will make time for doing what you love. I look forward to seeing your new projects come to life. :o)

    ReplyDelete

Thank you very much for stopping by.