Aug 11, 2017

Punkin

I'm working on Halloween dolls now.  Most specifically, sculpted smalls, because they're faster than big dolls and they're fun.  But they're not ready for their close-ups yet, so...

Here's Punkin, who is just now finished and in my shop.  (I have lots of dolls there right now!)  For Punkin, I found an old pattern--one from the 1930's--that I call the "baseball head babies" because of the way the pattern pieces go together.  She's a fat little thing, with her arms and legs button-jointed.  Her hair is Tibetan lamb, and her booties are wool felt.  She's a little bit of a hippy chick, with her asymmetrical hair and the twists of bittersweet vine for a necklace.



 


I try to live in the now, and appreciate what is in front of me.  But even though I'm a gardener, the last of the summer months and the heat just wear me out.  I'm so looking forward to Fall!  We don't get great fall color here--the desert doesn't do deciduous trees as well as other places--but the temps get cooler and the dog-walking can be in the afternoon with the hubs instead of only me in the mornings.  We have gotten more than our normal 8" of rain this year, so maybe the trees we do have will be a little more colorful. 

Have a fabulous weekend!

4 comments:

  1. Punkin is a cute little doll. the hat is really cute too. I love the dolls for halloween, the pumpkin dolls and witches. We have had rain all year long, even now it is still raining. Unusual for us, as it normally dries out in July and august. all the rain brought down a huge oak tree in the back yard. When one of those come down, it is a big problem. You have to hire people to come cut it out. Looking forward to fall too. My favorite time of year. Look forward to seeing all your halloween dolls.

    ReplyDelete
  2. We do not celebrate halloween, but this little chubs is adorable. :o)

    ReplyDelete
  3. I love when you step out of the box and just create what to heck you want to. Punkin is a real cutie! We are beginning to notice that there's a feeling of autumn in the air, especially late in the afternoon. I love fall, but I'm always a little sad to see summer go...

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Mary, given where you live, I think I would really be able to enjoy each season as it comes, for as long as it stays. Phil and I are aiming for Tennessee one of these days, but the Ozarks are right up there next on the list of possibles.

      Delete

Thank you very much for stopping by.