Jul 18, 2017

Sew What?


Yesterday was the monthly Sew What meeting at our local HOA clubhouse. Several of the ladies were missing (we usually have at least five or six) but we had fun, each working on our individual projects--and yabbering for hours.

In general, I'm not a fan of HOA's--so far the ones I've experienced were long on fees and rules but short on benefits to the residents.  But this is one benefit--they really use their clubhouse a LOT--there are all kinds of exercise classes, meetings and clubs that use the space.

Like these ladies who have been meeting for years.  (I'm a newbie, and they laugh at me because I'm younger than most of their kids.)  Great people, and talented seamstresses. Yes, I know "seamstress" is no longer in vogue, but I can't call my friends sewers.

5 comments:

  1. I "sew" enjoy the company of older friends... Wonder why?

    ReplyDelete
  2. I do too. I think part of the reason is that the things I have in common with these ladies (our sewing) crosses age boundaries, but younger people don't have as much time for it. Maybe. I dunno. :~P Also, I LOVE to sit and listen to their stories. Just love it. Yesterday I listened to them discuss several Jewish cemeteries in Phoenix, and how so many of their family were born, raised and died there.

    ReplyDelete
  3. Sounds like you had a good time (especially the yabbering).

    ReplyDelete
  4. I enjoy group meetings about crafts and it usually includes eating and general information sharing. There is a senior citizens building in Meridian ( 15 miles from me. they offer lots of activities. I might go sometime to learn and enjoy other people. No doll makers like me, but they do have things that would help me I'm sure. glad you enjoy your group and take advantage of having a place to meet so close to you.

    ReplyDelete
  5. That sounds like great fun Jan. I could sure use some machine instruction!

    ReplyDelete

Thank you very much for stopping by.