Apr 27, 2017

Needlework.

I made a resolution early this year, and that was to NOT work on doll-related stuff in the evenings when the hubs and I watch TV.  It was beginning to feel like work, and I love the doll biz too much to let it become drudgery.  But I do like having some kind of handwork to do (call me a multi-tasker--I can watch Bones reruns and sew!  Woohoo!). 

I also have a Folk Art Fair coming up in June, so I figured I could do little tops for the tons of papermache boxes I have in the studio.  (Does anybody else suffer from an addiction to small containers?  It's a sadness I'm trying to turn into a happiness.)  One is a punch needle, using 3 strands of embroidery cotton, the others are wool applique and embroidery.  The Thistle is not yet complete, but in all, I'm enjoying the work AND being productive.




Hope y'all have a lovely weekend. 

8 comments:

  1. Wow, these are so pretty. One of these days I'm going to give this a try. You might enjoy taking a look at this woman's work. http://tominerfolkart.blogspot.com/

    ReplyDelete
  2. These are beautiful. It was nice to see the detail of each one and I love the wool.

    You have so much energy to sew and watch tv!

    ReplyDelete
  3. all of these are very pretty. I like boxes too. Pretty boxes to put things in. You are good to be able to sew and watch TV. I can't concentrate on anything and watch TV. We only watch an hour and a half of tv every night and none in the day. Your little boxes will be a great sucess at your show. So useful, as everybody has little things to put in boxes for safe keeping or storage for working such as needles and such.

    ReplyDelete
  4. Very pretty. I don't watch TV when I sew but I do listen to audio books. I have learned over the years to stop at 5:30 everyday. No doll making or sewing allowed in the evenings.

    ReplyDelete
  5. Sew pretty! I wonder if punch needle would make little dollhouse rugs? Are they very thick. Can you work with 1 strand of embroidery thread? I don't paper mache boxes, but I a bit addicted to old tins!

    ReplyDelete
  6. Yes, I think you could do it with one thread--if you have a "fine" needle--I used a medium and three strands for this. But it ends up being almost a quarter inch thick. Might be too thick for a doll house rug.

    ReplyDelete
  7. Thank ya' that answers my questions. The miniature knot work is really a perfect scale for a dollhouse, but they take forever to make. I have 3 more kits, by the time I'm done with those, I'll never want to do another one!

    ReplyDelete
  8. These are lovely! I think you have a flair for this I also liked your penny quilt.

    ReplyDelete

Thank you very much for stopping by.