Nov 15, 2013

Bound for Maryland

No, not me.  But Virginia is.  The lady she's headed home to will maybe call her something new, but I always seem to need a name for dolls while I make them. 

This doll is just about the perfect size to work on...large enough that the detail work isn't hard, but small enough to display well and feel delicate in the hands.  I have enjoyed her immensely, and hope her new Lady enjoys sewing clothing for her.  Virgina wears wool boots with cotton laces, tailored to fit her little bare feet. 




I have a couple of business-related projects I have to work on over the next two weeks, and then I'll get busy clothing these six Izannahs (and a few of their friends.)  Hope your weekend is fabulous, dahlinks!

 

6 comments:

  1. I just love her and the the name Virginia is just perfect. Her feet and shoes are lovely. She has such a charming serene face. You have captured the essence of Izannah Walker dolls. I will keep sewing-I leave all buttons off and all closure areas will be finished after I try the clothes on.Thanks and and a big hug-can't wait!

    ReplyDelete
  2. I just been over at maida admiring your Virginia. I am so impressed that she can sit alone on the edge of the stool!

    ReplyDelete
  3. She is really nice. Love the feet. her arms and hands are so pretty too. You have distressed her so prettily she is a real beauty. I know the lady is eagerly waiting for her.

    ReplyDelete
  4. Very pretty doll Jan, I love her little shoes.

    ReplyDelete
  5. Jan… great pic of the dolls encircled together. As noted at the trodden path… wonderful aging process on this doll! Daryle

    ReplyDelete
  6. She is so pretty! She has this wonderful calm feel to her. I bet her new owner is going to love her! Can't wait to see the rest of them when you get them finished. xo!

    ReplyDelete

Thank you very much for stopping by.