Oct 26, 2013

Delia, a new/old Izannah Walker doll

I have to thank my friend Martha for inspiring me to use lamb skin for her hair. Scary, because it's expensive and hard to cut into. I used a cloth template to get the shaping right, but still...scary. Delia is 21" tall, has big feet and a sad countenance. Her complexion was my effort to replicate how some of the really worn Izannahs have suffered under poor storage and care, so that their paint has cracked and the paste come off in places. I like this one a lot. I'm thinking she should wear the deep red wool for her dress.

7 comments:

  1. She is one of your best Jan, everything about her is perfectly Izannah!.

    ReplyDelete
  2. What is there not to love about dear, dear little Delia! The lamb's skin hair is so wonderful. And, what about those darling little toes!

    ReplyDelete
  3. Wonderful job. I knew you could put on that wig, and her face work is excellent, distressed, but expresses her quiet personality. the sweetness of the doll grows over time, and most of the time the worn ones touch you the most. she has precious feet too. I'm proud of you to have made this beautiful baby.

    ReplyDelete
  4. She is lovely and I agree with everyone else, she is one of your best and the complexion is great, and that wool hair well it looks like you are an expert. I like the idea of a red wool dress.
    Artis

    ReplyDelete
  5. I love her...she is so sweeet and i love the hair. She would look wonderful in a red dress!

    ReplyDelete
  6. The lambskin is perfect for her and you did a wonderful job aging her face. She's really charming. Delia is also the name of the doll I'm working on now so I have to say I love it!

    ReplyDelete

Thank you very much for stopping by.