Nov 1, 2012

27 Dresses

Okay, I can't quit with the movie titles.  Here are actually only ten dresses--for the wedding dolls.  I've gotten them all finished, and two more for the Etsy shop while I was cutting out dolls.  Working on them while I worked on the others helped alleviate the repetitive monotony.  Painting faces and creating hair is fun--they're all different.  But nine of the same dress can drag a bit.

Anyway, here are the wee dollies in white.

Dresses are made of white linen, w/ cotton eyelet trim, w/ purple satin sashes and a little crocheted flower w/ a button sewn on for decoration.  Their hair is all different colors and textures of yarn, bodies made of cotton muslin and painted.





This was fun-16th century style dress in 20th century colors and prints.

I can't tell if this is a clown suit or a PJ's Onesie, but she seems to like it well enough.



11 comments:

  1. They are just darling. Each one has it's own personality. Perhaps you will get some photos of the girls and their dollys. Beautiful job!

    ReplyDelete
  2. Great job! They are going to be so excited to have them Jan, :)

    ReplyDelete
  3. Nice job and very fun project ! I loved dolls and dresses!

    ReplyDelete
  4. They turned out just perfect. How excited are the little girls going to be when they see their very own doll!
    MJ

    ReplyDelete
  5. The dolls are all just adorable! You did a beautiful job on the dresses. Wish I could be a fly on the wall and watch the girls with their new little companions. (You must be bone-tired!)

    ReplyDelete
  6. What an achievement, you must be so proud. I love all the different faces, so adorable.

    ReplyDelete
  7. They're a little bit Columbian and Babyland Rag in their look. Great job! I love the red-headed one particularly.

    ReplyDelete
  8. They are really cute. I can imagine those girls getting these dolls, and how happy that will make them. Wish you could be there to see it! xo

    ReplyDelete
  9. The little dolls are really cute. I know that doing multiples of the almost same thing does get a little weary, but you would never know it to see these little dolls. I imagine the girls will be very happy and excited.

    ReplyDelete
  10. I nearly let this post get by without commenting and I couldn't let that happen. Jan, these little dolls are wonderful and will be a hit. I hate making duplicats or multiples of anything but these little sweeties are different enough that each one has a distinct personality. Great job!

    ReplyDelete
  11. Wow, what a gorgeous collection of little dolls and what a brilliant idea for bridesmaids gifts. Even with the same dress, each face has so much individual personality. I really hope you get a photo of the dolls being carried during the wedding!

    ReplyDelete

Thank you very much for stopping by.