Oct 25, 2012

A Chorus Line

Well not really, but the picture was fun.

I've been hard at work on a doll commission.  Finished the dolls themselves, now to make their dresses.  They're wedding dolls, you see.  To be carried by the nine little girls attendant in a wedding this coming December.  They're also to serve as Church Dolls, given that the wedding is a Catholic one and the mass is lengthy and little girls might be angelic, but they're not likely angels.  :~)






I've made an extra one for the bride...her dress will be different, of course. 

In the commission deal with the groom's mom, I asked for: eye color, hair color, and a one word description of each little girl's personality.  So it was a lot of fun to paint expressions to try and reflect "shy, bold, outgoing, sweet, smart" etc.  The dresses will all be the same, but I'm hoping I hit the mark on the little girls' basic likenesses.  One more round of pictures once they're dressed.

Cheers!


15 comments:

  1. Cute idea for little attendants.

    ReplyDelete
  2. I bet I know what hand sewing you will be working on while you are in Arizona!!!
    MJ

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Can't drag it out that long, Mary Jo. :~) They're due by 10 November!

      Delete
    2. O.K. -- Take some pictures!
      MJ

      Delete
  3. That is THE cutest idea I have ever heard for a wedding. Those little girls are going to be over the moon. :))
    So sweet! xo

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Isn't this a great idea? The lady was referred to me at the Aug. doll show...said she attended a wedding when she was young in which this idea was used. Said she still had the doll given to her then. I really hope these little girls will enjoy their dolls for years to come.

      Delete
  4. Oh my gosh so cute!! What a fun commission! I can't wait to see them all dressed!

    ReplyDelete
  5. That is sweet. I never heard of doing this either, but cute idea. the girls will be thrilled.

    ReplyDelete
  6. What fun for some lucky little girls! I am so impressed with your creativity ~ darling dolls!

    ReplyDelete
  7. The dollies look wonderful, can't wait to see the finished dresses. I think that's a great idea!

    ReplyDelete
  8. I love the chorus line, and what a great idea, because we do know that little angels have little devils sitting on their shoulders.
    but you are busy.

    xoxox
    Lisa

    ReplyDelete
  9. What a wonderful idea! These are adorable!

    ReplyDelete
  10. This is the coolest idea and you are doing a great job executing it!

    ReplyDelete
  11. Jan, I am trying to recover from a great computer problem, new situation now, no working email to contact you, will get with you soon edyth

    ReplyDelete

Thank you very much for stopping by.