Mar 12, 2012

Two celebrations.

One is that I just had my 100th sale on Etsy.  That doesn't count doll shows or art fairs, but given how scary it was to open a doll store, and how sure I was that I was wasting my time for the first several months, I'm kinda tickled about it.  Granted--a whole lot of those sales were Walnut Ink and Rabbit Patterns, but I'll celebrate.  What is is about hitting a benchmark of 100 that feels like such an accomplishment?  Why is 99 not terrific, or 103? 

The second is not really a celebration, just a silly little rag doll on Ebay.  She's the first of the Linen Sisters, very simple and homey. I was ready for another auction...because even when it doesn't go the way I want, it's still exciting to put one up.  I don't go to Vegas, don't play poker or by lottery tickets...so maybe a doll auction is as much gambling as I can stand.  


Hope your week is FABULOUS!

7 comments:

  1. Congratulations Jan, Your work is fabulous!

    ReplyDelete
  2. For me making dolls is a gamble...never know how one will turn out. So proud for you on all of your accomplishments...love your dolls!

    ReplyDelete
  3. I would say that's something to celebrate. Good for you.

    ReplyDelete
  4. Congrats! I love your rag doll. So sweet. :)) xox

    ReplyDelete
  5. That's fabulous! Congratulations!

    ReplyDelete
  6. A century mark -- how great! Congratulations!
    MJ

    ReplyDelete
  7. Congrats I love your work!!

    ReplyDelete

Thank you very much for stopping by.