Jan 12, 2012

Emily Rose is...up.

I gotta say it.  Etsy is fun, interesting, and has done well for me, all things considered.  (Such things as my inexperience, monster learning curves, etc.) but Ebay--or rightfully called, Feebay--is a helluva lot more fun.  I put a doll there on auction today.  This mirrors the last one, my first one, in the absolute nervous energy, fear, doubt, and hope...

But there she is, and to my mind, she's far and away better than the first Izannah Walker type dolls I made.  And it's to be hoped that she's not nearly as good as the later ones I will make.  Wish her luck! 

Emily Rose

8 comments:

  1. Good thing you have new business cards coming; you'll need them if you keep making dolls like Emily Rose! Best of luck on Ebay!

    ReplyDelete
  2. She is wonderful Jan! Best of luck on your auction!

    ReplyDelete
  3. Of course I wish her luck. She is beautiful! I'm going to be checking the auction to see how it goes. Have a great weekend.

    ReplyDelete
  4. She is gorgeous Jan, beautiful details, love her!

    ReplyDelete
  5. Hi Jan. She is WONDERFUL and BEAUTIFUL!!! I think that is the funnest part of doll making, seeing how we have grown as artist.
    Happy New years, and i am on my way over to ebay to visit her.
    Julie

    ReplyDelete
  6. I think she is a very pretty, well dressed representation of a IW doll. I believe you should do very well, anywhere you put her up for sale. Ebay is a little scary, but I don't really know why. I have seen dolls that I would have picked, that no body else ever bid on, and then again, I've seen dolls make a lot of money that I wouldn't have thought they would. I sold 2 or 3 dolls on ebay, but it would have been better to have kept them, because I didn't make enough money to make it worth it, and now i miss the ones I sold, also I have put a few dolls on ebay and they didn't sell, even for a small amount of money. It hurt my feelings, but that passed. I told myself that ebay is not the standard to judge myself by. Sell or no, You make fabulous dolls. I hope you will do great.

    ReplyDelete

Thank you very much for stopping by.