Feb 6, 2010

Woohoooo! Estimates!

The second electrician is on his way out here to give us an estimate on the cost to wire the shop. We need 220, 50 amps, to the shop for the kiln. Yes, I have this lovely kiln that I've been dragging around for three years. Haven't ever fired it up because we've moved several times and at none of those places did we have the right wiring.

That is all about to change. Hooyah. Phil and his dad built us an outbuilding this last fall, to be half motorcycle garage and half pottery shop. I love my half. Well, I got a couple feet more than half because the hubby is a generous man.


Still, my end has two windows and WILL have counter space, a big drying cupboard, space for the kiln, big shelves and little shelves. I'm so wired about it, makes me wonder why we need an electrician! Yay! It's in the works...finally. Once it's ready, I'll have to fire some practice pieces. I don't know if I can trust my inexperience to these practice pieces...because I've become fond of them.





Here's a couple of things I have ready to go in...




Once we have the kiln hooked up, I'll have a Kiln Blessing...maybe do a pit firing out in the sand lot to see what that's like, and we can roast s'mores while we're at it.

Oh--the electrician just pulled up! This is really gonna happen. I'm gonna have a kiln...a real, live, fire-it-whenever-I-want kiln.
Life is good, isn't it?

No comments:

Post a Comment

Thank you very much for stopping by.