Feb 10, 2010

I threw a pot!

No, this isn't me. It's Alma, who made a little Viking Longship.



And this is Susan showing Dee how to use Susan's hand made press mold to make a tiny medieval oil lamp.



And this is Steven, throwing his own pot. Or bowl, or whatever we're calling them when we have no idea...




And here's mine. I guess it's a bowl. It's a little lumpy and uneven, and it was one of the funnest things I ever did with an apron on. Now it seems I'm going to have to find a used potters wheel somewhere. I was born for this. :~)




All this was from "combat clay night" at Susan's house, where she generously teaches whomever cares to show up how to use the wheel, how to sculpt, slab build, coil or pinch. I'd say the pinching is why we call it combat clay night, except that moniker came from one of the pots flying off the bat and hitting the wall. Said wall still bearing the SPLAT mark. Pretty cool, having splat marks on your wall. I'm a little jealous.

Here's Susan and Dee again.



I should have brought my camera, but of course I didn't. My hands would have been all muddy anyway. But Alma did bring one and got these pictures. Susan took some too, and I'm going to have to pay her not to post the more clownish ones.

Once I get my kiln wired and ready to go, we'll have a Kiln Blessing Party. I'll definitely have my camera for that...

No comments:

Post a Comment

Thank you very much for stopping by.