Nov 1, 2021

16" Izzy is done and done.

 It feels to be back to doll making!  The minis have sold well, except for the boys.  Note to self:  apparently doll collectors want girl dolls.  Poor fellas.

The hubby had to go out of town for a week of work, and I made it a goal to start and finish one regular size Izannah Walker doll.  I did it!  So I can say that I have managed to streamline things and it takes approximately 40 hours to make one, with hand finishing and such.  This one kind of looks like my cousin Valerie as a child.  So that's what I call her.  It's likely not a 19th century name, but who's counting? 

Here are photos of her.  I won't make any more til she sells, or else I'll be up to my eyebrows in Izzies.  But I will start making more of the "weird" dolls that are so fun (and less labor intensive). 

Cheers!








 

1 comment:

  1. It doesn’t seem you have missed a step since your last Izzy. Valerie is precious. “A penny for your thoughts, Valerie.”

    ReplyDelete

Thank you very much for stopping by.