Jun 10, 2017

Recouperating (or..."poor me").

Last weekend, I volunteered at an educational event at our local museum.  It was a Folk Art Fair, in which we all dress in 19th cent garb (or an approximation thereof) and demonstrate/discuss our art with the public.  Of course my booth was about dolls--how they were made, the kinds available, etc.


So either I got a bug of some kind Saturday, or it had been stewing a while before that, but by Sunday, I was none too sprightly.  By Tuesday, the fever was 103 and I was in trouble.  Wednesday's doc appt confirmed pneumonia.  Yuck. 

It caused me to miss THIS weekend, which was not a volunteer gig, but a Folk Art Fair for which I paid dearly--non-refundable, of course.  But priorities have to make sense, and besides that, there is no way I could have stood up under a show weekend, even if I had been dumb enough to try.

After a couple days' antibiotics, I am better.  Sad for the husband, because I can (sort of) talk again, so his silent reprieve has come to an end.  I think I've taken my health for granted, so spoiled have I been to not having a fever.  At any rate, I'm on the mend, and looking forward to getting busy again.  I have a booth fee to make up for!

5 comments:

  1. I am so sorry to hear you are sick. I also hate you missed your show too, and had to loose your money on your space. You are feeling better, so that is good. We never know when sickness or accidents will happen to us, but that you get over this pneumonia is the most important thing. Colds and pneumonia are two things that creep up on you and you can't do anything or much to prevent it. I am sending my best wishes for you to get well and be able to go to another show and sell tons of dolls and make for any losses you had.

    ReplyDelete
  2. I'm so sorry you came down with pneumonia. That's awful. I think you were wise to skip the Folk Art Fair and take care of yourself. I've had pneumonia once and it's not something to take lightly. Glad you're doing better and I wish you well.

    ReplyDelete
  3. Oh Jan, I had pneumonia this winter. Spent New Years Eve in the ER. Took a while to get over! Sad you lost the money, but glad you didn't try to attend. Take care!

    ReplyDelete
  4. Jan, I'm glad to know you are on the mend! Sometimes we push ourselves harder than we realize, so rest up and enjoy being pampered a bit by the Hubs! Take care!

    ReplyDelete
  5. Summer colds/bugs are the worse! Who wants to be sick when it is 90 degrees out?

    ReplyDelete

Thank you very much for stopping by.