Dec 16, 2014

Granny Swims

A friend saw this doll head I was working on, and said, "Oh he's wonderful!" so I didn't have the heart to tell her He is a She.  But no matter.  It made me realize how a human's life really does go full circle--if we're lucky enough to get very old.  My mom taped a bow to my head when I was a baby because I had such whispy hair nobody could tell I was a girl.  I'll probably have to do the same thing in my last decade or so.  Ha!

At any rate, here's one of the doll show dolls I'm working on.  I call her Granny Swims.  She'll have an old-fashioned bathing suit, a swim floaty with a ducky head, and a straw hat (because a lady always looks out for her complexion).  Her hair is currently a wad of mohair laying over her bald little head. 


6 comments:

  1. she does look old and so life like. You have done a great job with her. She should be really cute.

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Thanks, Martha. Did you ever see Princess Bride? She reminds me of the forest doctor's wife. :~D

      Delete
  2. Have you ever noticed that really old men look like women and really old women look like men? They seem to grow to look very similar! But I don't think I would have mistaken this one for a man!

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. I have noticed! That what I mean about humans going full circle. The way all little babies look genderless at the beginning, and old people do at the end. Humbling, isn't it?

      Delete
  3. She's marvelous....does she have a hair growing out of that chin mole?

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. She will on that one, but not the one on her nose. ;)

      Delete

Thank you very much for stopping by.