Nov 5, 2014

Vacation photos!

Yesterday's post was just so...photo-less.  The problem is that most of the pictures were on the hub's camera, and I have so far managed to remain ignorant of its mysteries.  (I think it might be smarter than I am, but that's another post.)

So last night he got photos loaded, and here are some of them.  I think he's got a good eye for composition, and I think I am beginning to look somewhat, um, older than I used to.  Hmph.  Oh well.  Vertical and above ground is always a good thing, right?

The nature scenes are the Desert Botanical Gardens.  The little statue is Gabe and Mary Jo's back yard, one of my favorite places in the world.  That statue is right smack in the center, and I love to visit it.  The view past there is the Sun City golf course, which provides a good deal of golfing AND viewing entertainment.  As well as errant golf balls for the dog.

Looking at Mary Jo and Gabe's old high school albums from the 50's.

More grows in the desert than you'd think.  The "dead tree" is a saquaro skeleton.

A sun dial with barrel cactus, of course.

This cactus is HUGE.  See below...

Hard to wrestle the camera away from him, but worth it.  Smile, baby!

The average rainfall in Phoenix is 7 inches a year. 

Grrrrr!

The "Gabe and Jo" statue.

The Gabe.

The Jo.  (And golf cart parking.)

I tried to tell him I was a mess.  Did he listen?

4 comments:

  1. Sounds like you had a good trip. The botanical gardens looks very interesting, I always enjoy things like that. Even though I don't have a green thumb I certainly can appreciate lovely gardens. If you didn't get a chance to see my post on Missouri artist Lowell Davis, go back and check it out. I thought of you several times while I loaded photos. You would so enjoy his artistic talent and sense of humor.

    ReplyDelete
  2. Ahh, "The Land of Little Rain." Mary Austin writes in detail about the plants of the desert which I enjoy immensely. I may never actually see the Southwest, but I love it still.

    ReplyDelete
  3. I am glad you had a great vacation. I have been gone too and am trying to read all the new blogs. It is wonderful you can enjoy this time with your husbands family.

    ReplyDelete
  4. Ha, I have to be honest, cactus scare me. But it does look like you had a great vacation.

    ReplyDelete

Thank you very much for stopping by.