Jul 11, 2014

Works In Progress--Finished! Part I.

Last January (February?) I began work on an art doll using a cornucopia basket that I'd found at a thrift shop.  I've made a doll this way before, and it was just such a hoot, I had to do it again.

The first doll was called "Good Bones" because she made me think of those butt-ugly supermodels in Elle or Vogue...all angles and legs and big noses.  They're striking in a way, but they still make me sure that it's the 6 ft frame they're after, not necessarily the pretty face.




The second one began with the head...I'd sculpted it, and for some reason, she just seemed a little other-wordly, so I decided to just go all the way with it.  I call her Dragonfly Lady. 









Over the next few days, I'll post other finished dolls, things I've finally gotten done since I began the big push to get ready for the UFDC convention.  (See Martha?  I told you I'd post pictures.  :~)

2 comments:

  1. Golly gee, she's great! You are showing off your talents now, and good for you! I have no doubt you will be ready for the UFDC convention, with time to spare!

    ReplyDelete
  2. Wow, she's amazing. Such imagination you have Jan! Her face is gorgeous, every little tiny detail is exquisite. Can't wait to see more creations.

    ReplyDelete

Thank you very much for stopping by.