Jan 4, 2014

It's official!

Last year in February (that long ago?  yes!) our Region III UFDC director approached me at a doll show and asked if I'd consider doing a workshop or seminar on Cloth and Clay dolls.  At the time, I had just really gotten the sculpting for the Izannahs where I wanted them, and had one at the show she liked a lot. 



Fast forward through a move into town, a new landscape, the completion of some dolls & ignoring of many...I finally presented my proposal and sent my seminar application.  I'd tried to figure out a way to do a workshop, but to be honest, the logistics of wet paperclay for convention attendees made a workshop unfeasible.  So a three hour seminar introducing the methods and materials was the way to go. 

Yesterday I got word that my application/proposal was accepted, and I get to teach the seminar at this year's UFDC Convention.  WHICH will be held right here in San Antonio, TX.  I've never attended a convention--there are only so many things one can spend disposable income on.  But as the hubs pointed out last night, this event is here, not in DC or NY or LA.  No air fare, no hotel.  So he talked me into it.  (You just imagine how hard that was.)

I have lots of work to put this seminar together, but I'm excited to dust off my Instructor/Course Writer hat and get busy.  It's been a long time!  If you're attending the 2014 UFDC Convention, look me up and say hi, pretty please?  New/old friends and a world of dolls...I can't imagine a better way to spend a week.




7 comments:

  1. Jan, You will do well at the siminar. I would love to go to a convention, there is a lot to do and see. I believe they usually have a visitor's day, but you don't see nearly as much. If it is in your home town, then this is the time to participate. this is wonderful for you and I am proud for you.

    ReplyDelete
  2. How wonderful Jan! I'm sure your seminar will be fantastic!

    ReplyDelete
  3. Congratulations Jan! If I was anywhere near Texas I would attend the convention just to say hello to you! -- barbara

    ReplyDelete
  4. Awesome Jan, I know you'll be a great teacher. Wish I lived close, I'd love to take a class!

    ReplyDelete
  5. I am so happy for this opportunity for you....you are going to be amazing and I am sure the overflow will be well worth your investment. Embrace it all...

    ReplyDelete
  6. Congratulations Jan. Quite an honor, and one well deserved. I can only imagine the hours of hard work that are behind all of your truly beautiful dolls. Just wish I could be in attendance.

    ReplyDelete
  7. What a nice opportunity. I am sure you will do a wonderful job.

    ReplyDelete

Thank you very much for stopping by.